Forex Brokers play a crucial role in currency trading and help you throughout the process by providing all you need for trading. Selecting a forex broker can be a complex task. In this article, we will learn about the top 10 forex broker and their key features.
What is Forex Broker?
A forex Broker is a place where buyers and sellers go to exchange currencies in order to make a profit. It is a platform that acts as a middleman between the traders and the market.
In simple words, FX Brokers buy and sell currencies on behalf of the trader. They charge a commission for facilitating a currency exchange for a trader.
Is it necessary to have an FX Broker?
If a person wants to trade in the forex market, then it is a must to have a broker. A person cannot trade in forex without a broker. To start forex trading, a trader needs to open a trading account with a broker. To open an account, you need to do some paperwork and document verification which may take some days.
You have to deposit a certain amount in your Forex account to start trading. For a new trader, it is better to open demo accounts that allow him first to understand the market and its working before investing.
A quick glance
A forex Broker is a place where buyers and sellers go to exchange currencies in order to make a profit. It acts as a middleman between the traders and the market
Fundamental or technical analysis can be used to develop Forex trading strategies. A currency trader’s strategy is usually based on trading signals.
- Forex. Com, IG Markets, Saxo Bank, Interactive Brokers, CMC Markets, Pepperstone, TD Ameritrade, Hycm, City Index, and Roboforex are amongst the top and most trusted brokers.
- Trading cost
- Reviews & previous performance
- Research, educational, and technical analysis tools
Saxo Bank was founded in 1992. It is amongst the best trading platform for advanced or experienced traders.
What does a forex broker do?
Top 10 Forex Brokers
Forex. Com: Great to get cash back
FOREX.com gets first place in our top 10 Forex broker list as it offers a wide range of products across the globe. It was founded as a part of GAIN Capital Holdings in 2001.
It is an award-winning platform that provides tight spreads customer education, research tools, quality executions, multiple user interfaces and 24-hour live support.
- It offers US clients access to over 80 currencies pairs It offers competitive spreads for account types.
- The services and fees are fully disclosed on its website. No hidden charges.
- It does not offer US clients negative balance protection.
- It does not offer US clients guaranteed stop-loss orders.
IG: Best and most trusted for Beginner
IG is amongst the most popular forex broker platforms. It was founded by Stuart Wheeler in 1974. The FX Brokers platform uses its size to provide traders with its wide range of services.
It offers MetaTrader and premium MT4 with 76 tradeable instruments on its platform. It provides traders with customer service and education, research materials, functional user interfaces and an efficient trading system.
- It has been accepting US forex traders since 2019.
- Best platform for beginners.
- It protects UK and EU clients.
- It offers a High share of CFD fees
- Not for copy trading
- Lacks in Customer Service Options
Saxo Bank: Best for experienced traders
Saxo Bank was founded in 1992. It is amongst the best trading platform for advanced or experienced traders. It provides its customer with a competitive fee structure, proper research, and customer service.
It offers more than 60,000 instruments for traders to trade. It is only for the traders who can have a minimum deposit of $2,000.
- Wide range of offering
- Great research and consumer service work
- Effective User interface
- Only for VIP clients
- Complex fees structures
- Not for US traders
Interactive Brokers: Best for experienced Traders
The trading platform charge commission instead of spreads. Interactive Brokers offers traders research reports, research materials, global market access, tools, calculators, and educational materials.
- It has desktop software and mobile trading app.
- Easy to understand leverage system with affordable margins
- It offers superior trade execution
- Trading system is complicated for new traders.
- Fees structure is complex
CMC Markets: Best for all kinds of traders
It was founded in 1989 by Peter Cruddas. The best part about this platform is it is suitable for both experienced and non-experienced traders. CFD offers exposure to a variety of products with range trading.
It offers advanced tools for traders to understand the market better. It has more than 300,000 clients globally. It provides traders with Research and educational tools.
- It provides a competitive spread.
- It also offers protection to client accounts
- Great customer service and research.
- Charges Inactivity fees
- Not for Islamic Account
- It does not accept US clients
Pepperstone: For Quality customer services.
- Wide range of offering
- Low spreads
- Protection of UK clients
- It does not accept US clients
- Does not provide a guarantee to stop loss
TD Ameritrade: Best for US clients
As the name suggests, it is a financial broker services firm in the USA. It provides the best customer support team, relevant answers to the queries of traders, free research tools, multiple trading platforms and other services.
It is an appropriate platform for both advance and beginner traders. TD Ameritrade is available on web and mobile platforms and is regarded as the best desktop trading platform.
- Best desktop trading platform
- Offers low trading fees
- Only for US clients
- It does not accept electronic wallets for transactions.
- It does not provide direct access to cryptocurrencies
Hycm: Best for Meta Traders
HYCM is one of the most popular forex platforms globally. It provides trading in 69 currency pairs. It offers financial services such as leverage, stock trading, ETFs, commodities and more. HYCM provides its services to 140 countries in the world.
- It provides the best education and research materials.
- It has low CFD and competitive fees
- It charges inactivity fees
- Not for US clients
- Services limited to forex and CFDs
City Index: Best for UK clients
Citi Index is regulated by the top financial authorities of the UK. It was founded in 1983 in London. It provides spread-betting services to UK residents.
This platform offers forex, CFDs and crypto trading. It offers fast account opening, advanced trading tools, and great research tools.
- Offers low forex trading fee
- High-quality research tools
- High CFD fees
- Less friendly desktop trading system
- Shortage of withdrawal methods
Roboforex: Great in Technology
Roboforex is situated in Cyprus, Greece. It was founded in 2009. The platform has traders across the globe. It is available on MT4 and MT5.
Roboforex works for both beginners and experienced traders. It provides the facility for Stock Trading and ECN Accounts. It also provides tight spreads and low commissions.
- Facility of Demo account
- No inactivity and deposit fees.
- It offers zero commissions on pro accounts
- Spreads starting at 0 pips.
- It does not accept US clients.
- Lacks of cryptocurrency tools
Factors to keep in mind before selecting a Forex broker
There are many forex broker platforms available in the market. Some of these are well-regulated and authorized; meanwhile, there are a few scammers in the market. Traders needs to review and compare the forex brokers’ platforms.
They have to conduct research about the fees, including spreads, commissions, customer support policy, regulatory safeguards policy, and trustworthiness, in order to select the right Forex Broker.
In the beginning, it is common for a trader to look for cheap forex brokers with lower fees and commissions. However, do not compromise the quality of services for price.
Select a forex broker that provides the best services at an affordable price. Your broker can reduce or increase the risk of loss in trading. So select wisely.